QUOTES BY: TOPICSI..AUTHORSI..ABOUT USI

Page:

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20 - 21 - 22 - 23

Top 100 Love Quotes of All Time

1. "A kiss is a lovely trick, designed by nature, to stop words when speech becomes superfluous."
Ingrid Bergmen


2. "Love is a temporary madness. It erupts like an earthquake and then subsides. And when it subsides you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have become so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is. Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the promulgation of promises of eternal passion. That is just being "in love" which any of us can convince ourselves we are.

Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident. Your mother and I had it, we had roots that grew towards each other underground, and when all the pretty blossom had fallen from our branches we found that we were one tree and not two."
- Captain Corelli's Mandolin


3. "My night has become a sunny dawn because of you."
Ibn Abbad


4. "In real love you want the other person's good. In romantic love you want the other person."
Margaret Anderson


5. "In dreams and in love there are no impossibilities."
Janos Arnay

6. "Love is the beauty of the soul."
Saint Augustine


7. "Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies."
Aristotle


8. "Each moment of a happy lover's hour is worth an age of dull and common life."
Aphra Behn


9. "Your words are my food, your breath my wine. You are everything to me."
Sarah Bernhardt


10. "In my wildest dreams, you always play the hero. In my darkest hour of night, you rescue me, you save my life."
Bliss and Cerney


11. "Come live with me and be my love, and we will some new pleasures prove, of golden sands, and crystal beaches, with silken lines and silver hooks..."
John Dunne

12. "What I do and what I dream include thee, as the wine must taste of its own grapes..."
Elizabeth Browning


13. "I love thee to the depth and breadth and height my soul can reach..."
Elizabeth Browning


14. "Take away love, and our earth is a tomb."
Robert Browning


15. "But to see her was to love her, love but her, and love her forever."
Robert Burns


16. "She walks in Beauty, like the night
Of cloudness climes and starry skies,
And all that's best of dark and bright
Meet in her aspect and her eyes..."
Lord Byron


17. "Like music on the waters is they sweet voice to me."
Lord Byron


18. "I love you, not only for what you are, But for what I am when I am with you."
Roy Croft

19. "You're nothing short of my everything."
Ralph Block


20. "The only true gift is a portion of yourself."
Ralph Waldo Emerson


21. "Thou art to me a delicious torment."
Ralph Waldo Emerson


22. "Love distills desire upon the eyes, love brings bewitching grace into the heart."
Euripides


23. "I love her and that's the beginning of everything."
F. Scott Fitzgerald


24. "I wished for nothing beyond her smile, and to walk with her thus, hand in hand, along a sun-warmed, flower-bordered path."
Andre Gide


25. "Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own."
Robert Heinlein


26. "Where we love is home, home that our feet may leave, but not our hearts."
Oliver Wendell Holmes


27. "What I feel for you seems less of earth and more of a cloudless heaven."
Victor Hugo


28. "It's so easy, To think about Love, To Talk about Love, To wish for Love, But it's not always easy, To recognize Love, Even when we hold it.... In our hands."
Jaka


29. "Two souls with but a single thought, two hearts that beat as one."
John Keats


30. "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
Helen Keller


31. "... See there's this place in me where your fingerprints still rest, your kisses still linger, and your whispers softly echo. It's the place where a part of you will forever be a part of me."
Gretchen Kemp


32. "When you came, you were like red wine and honey, and the taste of you burnt my mouth with its sweetness."
Amy Lowell


33. "Make me immortal with a kiss."
Christopher Marlowe


34. "Oh, thou art fairer than the evening air Clad in the beauty of a thousand stars."
Christopher Marlowe


35. "Love is the enchanted dawn of every heart."
Alphonse Marie de la Martine


36. "In the arithmetic of love, one plus one equals everything, and two minus one equals nothing."
Mignon McLaughlin


37. "We came by night to the Fortunate Isles, And lay like fish Under the net of our kisses."
Pablo Neruda


38. "The hours I spend with you I look upon as sort of a perfumed garden, a dim twilight, and a fountain signing to it...you and you alone make me feel that I am alive...Other men, it is said, have seen angels, but I have seen thee and thou art enough."
George Moore


39. "In love there are two things: bodies and words."
Joyce Carol Oates


40. "I become a waterwheel, turning and tasting you, as long as water moves."
Rumi


41. "I miss you even more than I could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal."
Vita Sackville-West


42. "Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction."
Antoine de Saint-Exupery


43. "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
Antoine de Saint-Exupery


44. "There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved."
George Sand


45. "Sometimes your nearness takes my breath away; and all the things I want to say can find no voice. Then, in silence, I can only hope my eyes will speak my heart."
Robert Sexton


46. "My heart is ever at your service."
William Shakespeare


47. "The more I give to thee, the more I have, for both are infinite."
William Shakespeare


48. "Love is but the discovery of ourselves in others, and the delight in the recognition."
Alexander Smith


49. "I am my beloved, and my beloved is me."
Song of Solomon


50. "Her breath is like honey spiced with cloves, Her mouth delicious as a ripened mango."
Srzgarakarika


51. "To love is to receive a glimpse of heaven."
Karen Sunde


52. "Love, till dawn sunder night from day with fire Dividing my delight and my desire..."
A.C. Swinburne


53. "Love is friendship set on fire."
Jeremy Taylor


54. "Within you I lose myself. Without you I find myself wanting to become lost again."
Author Unknown


55. "Somewhere there's someone who dreams of your smile..."
Author Unknown


56. "I see my fated stars in your eyes. They melt me like the sun does snow."
Author Unknown


57. "The rose speaks of love silently, in a language known only to the heart."
Author Unknown


58. "To be your friend was all I ever wanted; to be your lover was all I ever dreamed."
Author Unknown


59. "If I could reach up and hold a star for every time you made me smile, I would have the whole night sky in the palm of my hand."
Author Unknown


60. "If you love me only in my dreams, let me be asleep forever."
Author Unknown


61. "Kiss me and you will see stars; love me and I will give them to you."
Author Unknown


62. "Love is a dream that comes alive when we meet."
Author Unknown


63. "The soul that can speak with its eyes can also kiss with a gaze."
Author Unknown


64. "Love is something eternal; the aspect may change, but not the essense."
Vincent van Gogh


65. "Harmony is pure love, for love is a concerto."
Lope de Vega


66. "Here are fruits, flowers, leaves, and branches, And here is my heart which beats only for you."
Paul Verlaine


67. "When a heart finds another, what's a cloud more or less in the sky?"
Wolf and Page


68. "The most precious possession that ever comes to a man in this world is a woman's heart.
Josiah G. Holland


69. "From every human being there rises a light that reaches straight to heaven. And when two souls that are destined to be together find each other, their streams of light flow together, and a single brighter light goes forth from their united being."
Author Unknown


70. "The most wonderful of all things in life is the discovery of another human being with whom one's relationship has a growing depth, beauty and joy as the years increase. This inner progressiveness of love between two human beings is a most marvelous thing; it cannot be found by looking for it or by passionately wishing for it. It is a sort of divine accident, and the most wonderful of all things in life."
Sir Hugh Walpole


71. "Love means to commit oneself without guarantee, to give oneself completely in the hope that our love will produce love in the loved person. Love is an act of faith, and whoever is of little faith is also of little love."
Erich Fromm


72. "You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly."
Sam Keen


73. "The most powerful symptom of love is a tenderness which becomes at times almost insupportable."
Victor Hugo


74. "True love begins when nothing is looked for in return."
Antoine De Saint-Exupery


75. "Love is the emblem of eternity: it confounds all notion of time: effaces all memory of a beginning, all fear of an end."
Germaine De Stael


76. "The life and love we create is the life and love we live."
Leo Buscaglia


77. "For every beauty there is an eye somewhere to see it. For every truth there is an ear somewhere to hear it. For every love there is a heart somewhere to receive it."
Ivan Panin


78. "Listening is an attitude of the heart, a genuine desire to be with another which both attracts and heals."
J. Isham


79. "Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage."
Lao Tzu


80. "The most eloquent silence; that of two mouths meeting in a kiss."
Author Unknown


81. "Since love grows within you, so beauty grows. For love is the beauty of the soul."
St. Augustine


82. "Absence sharpens love, presence strengthens it."
Thomas Fuller


83. "Paradise is always where love dwells."
Jean Paul F. Richter


84. "True love is eternal, infinite, and always like itself. It is equal and pure, without violent demonstrations: it is seen with white hairs and is always young in the heart."
Honore de Balzac


85. "We are all born for love... it is the principle existence and it's only end."
Benjamin Disraeli


86. "Love is the master key that opens the gates of happiness."
Oliver Wendell Holmes


87. "Love doesn't make the world go round, love is what makes the ride worthwhile."
Elizabeth Browning


88. " When you are in Love you can't fall asleep because reality is better than your dreams. "
Dr Seuss


89. "If I know what love is, it is because of you."
Herman Hesse


90. "So dear I love him that with him,
All deaths I could endure.
Without him, live no life."
William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet


91. "Love is like a friendship caught on fire: In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable."
Bruce Lee


92. "She walks in beauty,
Like the night of cloudless climes and starry skies;
And all that's best of dark and bright
Meet in her aspect and her eyes."
Lord Byron


93. "....A simple I love you means more than money...."
Frank Sinatra


94. "How delicious is the winning of a kiss at love's beginning."
Thomas Campbell


95. "One word frees us of all the weight and pain in life. That word is Love."
Sophocles


96. "Love is the irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired."
Mark Twain


97. " Find a guy who calls you beautiful instead of hot, who calls you back when you hang up on him, who will lie under the stars and listen to your heartbeat, or will stay awake just to watch you sleep... wait for the boy who kisses your forehead, who wants to show you off to the world when you are in sweats, who holds your hand in front of his friends, who thinks you' re just as pretty without makeup on. One who is constantly reminding you of how much he cares and how lucky he is to have YOU... The one who turns to his friends and says, thats her... "
Author Unknown


98. "There is no remedy for love but to love more."
Henry David Thoreau


99. "If I had a flower for every time I thought of you, I could walk in my garden forever."
Alfred Lord Tennyson


100. "All love is sweet, given or returned."
Percy Bysshe Shelley