QUOTES BY: TOPICSI..AUTHORSI..ABOUT USI

Page:

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20 - 21 - 22 - 23

Rumi Quotes


Rumi

1 - 2

“Everyone sees the unseen in proportion to the clarity of his heart, and that depends upon how much he has polished it. Whoever has polished it more sees more - more unseen forms become manifest to him.”
Rumi

“We can’t help being thirsty, moving toward the voice of water.”
Rumi

“It may be that the satisfaction I need depends on my going away, so that when I've gone and come back, I'll find it at home.”
Rumi

“I died a mineral, and became a plant. I died a plant and rose an animal. I died an animal and I was man. Why should I fear? When was I less by dying?”
Rumi

“Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment.”
Rumi

“Why do you stay in prison
when the door is so wide open?
Move outside the tangle of fear-thinking.
Live in silence.”
Rumi

“You are quaffing drink from a hundred fountains: whenever any of these hundred yields less, your pleasure is diminished. But when the sublime fountain gushes from within you, no longer need you steal from the other fountains.”
Rumi

“To praise the sun is to praise your own eyes.”
Rumi

“Return from existence to nonexistence. You are seeking the Lord and you belong to him. Nonexistence is a place of income; flee it not. This existence of more and less is a place of expenditure.”
Rumi

“Reason is like an officer when the king appears. The officer then loses his power and hides himself. Reason is the shadow cast by God; God is the sun.”
Rumi

“The Eternal looked upon me for a moment with His eye of power, and annihilated me in His being, and become manifest to me in His essence. I saw I existed through Him.”
Rumi

“Pilgrimage to the place of the wise is to find escape from the flame of separateness.”
Rumi

“In your light I learn how to love.
In your beauty, how to make poems.
You dance inside my chest,
where no one sees you.”
Rumi

“Silence is the language of God, all else is poor translation.”
Rumi

“One day You will take my heart completely and make it more fiery than a dragon. Your eyelashes will write on my heart the poem that could never come from the pen of a poet.”
Rumi

“Who could be so lucky? Who comes to a lake for water and sees the reflection of moon.”
Rumi

“Knowest thou not the beauty of thine own face? Quit this temper that leads thee to war with thyself.”
Rumi

“Now I am sober and there's only the hangover and the memory of love .”
Rumi

“The ground submits to the sky and suffers whatever comes. Tell me, is the Earth worse for giving in like that ??”
Rumi

“Look at Love...
how it tangles
with the one fallen in love .”
Rumi